Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Long days...

equal quick dinners with what ever I can find in the fridge. Tonight's meal was brought to us by the left over marinara and mozzarella from Sunday's bubble-up pizza and I gotta say that I'm pretty happy with the end results. 

Mozzarella Chicken in Marinara
with Pasta


The measurements weren't exact since it was a hodgepodge of leftovers to create a meal but basically it went like this:
 
   Ingredients
6 Chicken breasts
2 c (divided) Mozzarella cheese, shredded
1 Garlic clove, minced
3 tbsp basil, in strips
spaghetti (cook according to package directions)
1/2 c Italian breadcrumbs
1/4 c Parmesan cheese
  1. Preheat the over to 450
  2. Line a 9x13in pan with foil (I'm always trying to avoid dishes) and set aside
  3. Mix 1.5 cups mozzarella with the garlic and basil
  4. Cut pockets in the chicken and stuff with cheese mixture
  5. Once all the chicken breasts are stuffed, place in the prepped dish and cover with the marinara sauce
  6. Sprinkle the remaining cheese and basil over the top and pop in the oven for 45-55 min
  7. When you are ready to serve combined the breadbrumbs and parmesan cheese with the pasta, tossing until coated.

My boys enjoyed dinner which makes it successful in my mind so I hope who ever else makes it likes it as well.

-Cat



No comments:

Post a Comment