Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Certain foods remind me of home...

and my mom's Chicken Kiev would be one of my favorites.  I can remember the smells coming from the kitchen when it was baking and how it would make my mouth water.  Its almost indescribable how the combination of cheese, butter, and cheez-itz would combine in the heat of the oven and make my whole family excited to sit at the dinner table.

Tonight, while figuring out what to make with the remaining chicken breasts from last night, I noticed a box of cheez-its sitting in the pantry and inspiration struck....MOM'S CHICKEN KIEV!!  As an added bonus, mini was helping me tonight in the kitchen so I was getting to pass down a family recipe *HAPPY DANCE*, but fate said, "Nope you don't get to have all the required ingredients for that.  That would have been way too easy."

OK, no problem, I can handle this.  I have chicken, cheez-itz, mozzarella and sun dried tomatoes...BINGO!

Cracker crusted chicken stuffed with sun dried tomatoes and mozzarella
with cauli-rice
A simple meal with not a lot of prep work. The hardest part was crushing the crackers and I had an amazing helper for that.  Next time this will be a planned meal that I'm pretty sure will have both my boys waiting with mouths watering.


No comments:

Post a Comment