Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Bubble Up Pizza


This right here is the smashing hit of the year for my family. I've been on a pinterest kick the last few months and this by far is one of my favorite finds.  I can't find the pin at the moment, but its quick and easy to make...not to mention you can't screw it up. Along with being super easy (cut, mix, pour, bake) its also really inexpensive, which is always a bonus!



To make this you are going to need
   1 tube of Pillsbury GRANDS biscuits (I used flaky layer butter-flavored)
   1 14oz jar of pizza sauce
   3/4 c toppings (I used chopped up pepperoni)
   1.5 c shredded mozzarella
   basil, cut into strips

  • Preheat the oven to whatever the biscuit directions call for (usually 350)
  • Quarter the biscuit dough and toss in a bowl with the pizza sauce, toppings, and 1 c of the mozzarella cheese.  Mix together until everything is coated evenly.  (Try not to over mix)
  • Pour the dough mix into cast iron skillet that has been sprayed with cooking spray. (I have made this in both a cast iron skillet and in a 9X13 pan and prefer the cast iron.  However, if you don't have one or have doubled up the recipe...feel free to use a larger pan)
  • Pop it in the oven for 20 - 30 minutes (At the 20 minute mark I would check it. The dough around the edges will probably look done but the middle can still be quite soft and gooey.  If this is the case, leave it in the oven for another 10 minute or so until the middle sets)
  • After its done, sprinkle the basil around the top and serve
For my family this has 4 to 5 servings, but the men in my life both seem to have hallow legs. 

Enjoy!

-Cat <3

*update* I found the pin for it

No comments:

Post a Comment